Our ultimate goal at Tumminia Dental is for all of our patients to have a beautiful and healthy smile that lasts a lifetime. The most critical element in achieving that goal is your personal home care. Proper brushing and flossing are of utmost importance to your oral hygiene.
- Brush your teeth at least 2 times daily (most importantly before bed)
- Use a soft bristle brush and replace every 3 months
- Place the brush at a 45 degree angle to the gums and gently brush in circular motions always maintaining contact with the teeth and gums
- Brush outer, inner and biting surfaces of all teeth
- Electric toothbrushes are highly recommended due to their plaque removal effectiveness and efficiency
- Always brush the tongue
- Daily flossing cleans between teeth and under the gum line